Sunday, February 27, 2011

Scenes from my Car Window

Last Sunday we returned home from our 2 week vacation.  The kids started school on Monday and it has been a whirlwind everyday since then.

I have so much to share, but I'll just start with these pictures of the gorgeous scenery that God treated us to on our trip.  I have said before, here, that Brazil is a beautiful, beautiful country.  Well, I believe that even more now.  Scene after breathtaking scene of mountains, skies, clouds, greenery, ocean, and rainforests.  I wish the pictures could really do justice to the beauty that we saw.

This was the sunrise on our first day of vacation.   When Anderson saw it he said,
"Thanks, God, and I'm not even in heaven yet!"



So many beautiful mountains.  It was never boring to look out the window...



The state of São Paulo is full of rolling hillsides.....



and on the way home, we travelled through some kind of rainforest.  There were beautiful flowering trees everywhere, a roadside waterfall and huge butterflies.



Oh yeah, we also saw dinosaurs....
 the statue of liberty......
 some pretty church buildings....
and a roadside fountain where you could drink spring water from a giant rat.

 There was something for everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment