Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Why you should take a mid-morning coffee break.....


I have been reading the book Seven Sacred Pauses:  Living Mindfully Through the Hours of the Day by Macrina Wiederkehr.

Just the thoughts in chapter 3 have been worth the price of the whole book for me.

Pause from your work at mid-morning, grab a cup of coffee and focus on these thoughts:
When I have the wisdom to step away from work momentarily, I am able to see it as a gift for the entire world.  A short, refreshing pause can enhance my growing awareness that all work has the potential of becoming love made visible - a blessing.....
I am God's temple on earth, a channel for loving service......
When you work, you are a flute through whose heart the whispering of the hours turns to music - Kahlil Gibran
We long for constant renewal and strength so that as we continue our journey through the day, our love will be obvious in all we do.  Our work will then be a blessing for all humankind.  In some small way it will benefit the whole world.  It is a marvelous insight that our work is to benefit the larger world.....
No matter what your work entails - housework, laundry, personal contacts, business meetings, preparing for workshops, yardwork, writing, composing, teaching, cooking, raising children, (fill in your own labor of love) - realize that you are an artist.  In some small way you are continuing the work of creation. Remember to pause.

3 comments:

  1. I love that! What benefits must abound from a mid morning refocus!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Benay! I have Jesus Calling, and now I"m going to have to get this one - I love having someone test out books for me to read and tell me which ones are good. You should charge for your good-book-finding services!!! Miss you! MWAH! Elyssa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's kind of mean to post a picture like that. Other than that, I love this post. Now to work on implementing this practice...

    ReplyDelete