Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy Birthday, Carys! (and a new room)

On March 8th, this little girl (yes, I will still call her "little") turned 13.

We had a fun family day, and a party with her friends.

Her main birthday present this year was to have her room re-decorated.  It is the first time she has ever had her "own" room.  (Except for 2 - 3 months of the year when her big sisters are home from college...)

We did it "extreme makeover" style.  Which meant that she had to leave the room and not come back in until it was all done.  Everything was a secret.

I actually got started on it only last Friday (about 10 days after her birthday).  But, no biggie.  It got done.

Here are the befores and afters....
BEFORE:



AFTER:






It was so much fun doing this.

I will put the "how to's" of everything that I did in the next few days.  For now I just wanted to get these pictures on here for the curious sisters and grandmothers.

The happiest part of it all was watching her see the room for the first time.  She loved it and was very excited.


Sweet memories!
PS  This is the view outside Carys's window.  It didn't need re-decorating!

6 comments:

  1. Happy (belated) birthday Carys!! Our oldest daughter turned 11 on March 8 also. I love, love, love the new room and all the cute decor too. You are so creative Benay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS MOM!!!! SERIOUSLY? I WANT YOU TO DECORATE MY ROOMS FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE... THAT IS SO SO SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!! you did AWESOME!!!!!!i am so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love little brother's face as he looks just as happy for his sister. What love!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful birthday present! I love the new room! My favorite part is the curtain on the bunk and the little reading nook behind it. I'm looking forward to all of the "how-to's".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated to Carys! Love the room you did for her!! So Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What so lovely room and smiles. Thanks for sharing to all of us. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete