Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Toys?

I would like to avoid the Christmas rush.  I would love to have all the gifts decided, bought, wrapped and hidden before December ever gets here.

I was looking online for toys for the kids.  It is hard to buy toys for my kids.  Toys that they will actually play with for more than the first day.  They have never liked legos or any kind of building sets.  If I buy that, thinking they will like it, it sits in the closet and never gets played with.

Action figures?  maybe.
Board games?  sometimes.
Wii games?  Yes, sometimes, but who wants to encourage more video game playing?

What do my kids play with, you ask?  Here are some examples just from this past week.......

Well, there is sliding down the hall on a quilt......
Watching a movie under a tent made from sheets.....
And buttons, a muffin tin, and an empty Coke Zero bottle.

I guess I should be glad that they don't need a lot of toys.  But Santa may need some help!  Suggestions, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. I love the buttons/muffin tin/coke zero bottle idea! For her birthday this year, we gave Elisa a big box of "dress-up" clothes from Goodwill. We didn't save any money by doing that, but we sure got a lot of fun stuff for the price!

    ReplyDelete