Monday, May 24, 2010

47 Things...

Even though I said I wasn't going to make any lists for myself this year, I did make a list a few weeks ago.  The title of this list was "47 Things I want to do before I turn 47".

Yesterday, I got to cross one of those things off my list.

I ran in a 5K.

I ran with a team from the drug rehab center that our church helps.  It was an 8 person relay for the Porto Alegre, Marathon.

Do I stick out like a sore thumb?  Could I be most of these guys' mom?  Let's don't answer that.

Anyway....
I did it.

I didn't stop, and I finished in 34 minutes and 34 seconds.  Overall our team finished 8th in our category and there were 66 teams in our category!  So my time must not have hurt the team that badly!

I am going to sign up for another 5K, hopefully with Kevin and some of our kids.

Now I need to work on my "look".

Here is the "look" of a runner.  (Isn't he handsome?) :

Here is the "look" of a 46 year old mom of six trying to turn into a runner.

Feet barely leaving the ground, etc.  Sometimes when I run, I can kind of forget that I am running.  My legs don't hurt, I'm breathing easy, and before you know it I'm done.

Sometimes I feel every step.  Yesterday was one of those days.  Maybe because it was pretty hot.

Anyway, I finished and I am proud about that.

Our day yesterday was awesome in so many ways.  Check our family blog this week to find out more about it.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! Runners can look all sorts of ways. :) I can't wait to hear about the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete