Friday, August 6, 2010

Best Ever Barbecue Sauce

My dad's specialty is grilled pork chops.  Every time we visit he makes them for us and we all talk about how good they were until our next visit and we can eat them again.

Last night we feasted on barbecue pork chops and boneless ribs (something new, but so good!), corn on the cob, fried okra, speckled butter beans, and cornbread.  With sweet tea. Yum.  These are some of my favorite foods.

Tonight we ate the leftover pork chops and ribs with baked potatoes and salad.  Yum again.

I thought I would share my dad's barbecue sauce recipe.  It is delicious. He marinated the meat in some of the sauce, then brushed more sauce on as the meat was cooking.

Here it is....

Best Ever Barbecue Sauce
1/3 cup oil
1/3 cup melted butter or margarine
1/2 cup vinegar
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup finely diced onion
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce (molho inglês in Brazil)
2 teaspoons hot sauce (molho de pimenta)
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or red pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
1/8 teaspoon chili powder

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan; bring mixture to a boil.  Lower heat, and simmer 10 minutes.  Use with chicken, pork chops, or ribs.  Yield 2 1/2 cups.

This recipe was submitted by Mrs. Maxine Compton from Austin, Texas to Southern Living magazine.  


P.S.  I just realized that my daughter's new computer that I am using doesn't have a slot to read a camera card.  I didn't bring my connecting cords from Brazil on this trip, so now I can't download any pictures!  Sadness!!!  I may have to look into getting a card reader.....

No comments:

Post a Comment