Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Saturday Concert

When I was a little girl, my mom took my sister and I to "cultural" things.  It wasn't like we did that kind of thing all the time, but I remember going to several plays, musicals, ballets, etc. during my childhood.  I loved it and am so thankful to my mom for introducing me to things like that.

Saturday, another missionary friend and I took our boys to a community concert at the botanical gardens here in Porto Alegre.  It was a kids' concert by an orchestra of one of the big universities here in the city.

This little monkey was our master of ceremonies.  He was awesome.  He introduced the songs and taught the kids about each section of the orchestra.
There was a cartoon medley.....
Songs from Lion King....
Aladdin.... (this is the "monkey")
 Anderson's favorite - Harry Potter.
There were several more songs and dancers.  The audience was full of little kids and their families.  This little cutie sat right behind us wearing her little traditional dress - called a prenda.
Anderson said he loved the concert.  It didn't hurt that one of his best buddies was there, too.

Thanks Cam, Blake, and Parker.  We had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like it was so much fun! Where was it? Love you!

    ReplyDelete