Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2011.... More Blessings

Continuing to count my blessings from 2011....

4.  Giovanni got potty-trained and gave up his pacifier.  It was easy, and needed to be done, and I'm so glad we did it.  He's turning into such a big boy. However, yesterday we were talking about who was a boy and who was a girl and I asked him if he was a boy or a girl, and he informed me that he was a "baby".  That's OK with me.


5.  Spending the holidays with our family.  Because of our financial changes that I mentioned yesterday, we have had a longer furlough than usual.  We have spent Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas with our families in the states.  We have made some great memories.

6.  Lots of visitors to Porto Alegre.  This year we welcomed the Aggies for Christ group, Stephen and Weston (Bronwyn's two friends who worked with us for 2 months) and Larry and Margaret Ann Bennett.  We continue to say that there is nothing as effective as a visit for feeling like you are involved in a ministry.  We loved having so many visitors last year.
7.  This is a big one... Three of our kids made the decision to follow Christ and were baptized this year.  Anderson was baptized on October 9th in Brazil...

And then Garrett and Carys were baptized in Memphis on November 11th.

We are so proud of them!
I'm sure that there were more blessings of 2011 that I specifically want to remember, but I'm going to stop for now.  Very, very grateful for all of these blessings of last year!

2 comments:

  1. Our Peyton is potty trained but still has a paci. We need to get rid of it too. Just not sure how.

    So are all the kids baptised except your baby? How wonderful!

    I'd still like to see you if you have time while in town. Maybe for coffee or a visit to the farm. I thought for sure you were gone home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that vuvs is still a baby. And I love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete