Friday, April 16, 2010

Yesterday was one of those days.

My day was really full and busy with church and ministry related things, which were all good, but made for a kind of hectic schedule.

I had some "discussions" with some of my kids.  Discussions about things they were doing that I didn't like and about things I was doing that they didn't like (usually in response to whatever it was that they did - you know, like punishment.)

It was my dad's birthday yesterday and I wasn't able to get in touch with him.  So, at almost 11:00, I sent him a quick e-mail wishing him a happy birthday.  Not exactly how I wanted it to be.

Anyway, isn't it great to know that the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases?  His mercies never come to an end -
they are new every morning....

Yeah!!  Today will be better.

It already got better when I saw that my husband wrote a sweet, and fitting tribute to my dad on our family blog.  You should go read it.

And, here is one of my favorite pictures ever of my dad.

Yes, you can only see his arms, hands and the side of his smiling face, but I love it because of the look of  love on Giovanni's face as his grandaddy played with him.  It reminds me of the 19 years that I have seen my dad patiently play like this with my kids.   Just one more reason to love him.

So, Happy Birthday, Daddy!  I love you.

Here's to a good day for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment